Pippa Roberts has put together some special programmes of readings. These encompass:
- Some humorous and thoughtful poems from her grandmother, the Gloucestershire poet, Effie M. Roberts.
- A talk about the poet, Adam Lindsay Gordon.
- A talk about Tennyson and his brother, Tennyson Turner – with reading of their poems.
- Readings of seasonal, comic or classic poems.
- A talk about how Pippa built up her writing career. (She has published journalism, short stories, poetry, reviews, ebooks and had several scripts performed.)
To Accompany The Poems of Effie M Roberts: It is possible for Pippa to bring CDs of wartime songs, including Lili Marlene, Don’t sit under the Apple Tree, White Cliffs of Dover, if a CD player can be made available. Please give notice if you would like Pippa to bring these to accompany the reading of Effie’s poetry. Pippa will be happy to stay afterwards and chat with the audience about their memories; or poetry and books, or anything else they’d like to discuss! Readings, conversation and music combined will generally last for up to 2 hours, but this depends on the requirements of the group, and is also flexible in content. Prior requests for loved poems can be given, as long as there is enough notice for Pippa to locate them.
- If the group would be more interested in workshops Pippa is an experienced creative writing tutor, and has a thorough grasp of writing technique (poetry, stories, plays and journalism), along with a huge love of literature. She will be happy to lead any writing group.
Pippa’s fees are very moderate, and she is always willing to negotiate. Please contact her on mob: 07889401808 if you would be interested in readings or workshops – for any group. For Pippa’s work in schools and colleges please see this page.